Saraswati Shishu Vidya Mandir, Unit-8, Bhubaneswar is affiliated to SHIKSHYA VIKAS SAMITI,ODISHA
in State Level and VIDHAYA BHARATI in National Level. The school was established in the year, 1983
in a rented building in Unit-8, with 33 students and two teachers only. Now it is functioning in its
own building since 2008. The present student strength is 1750 and 70 Acharyas and Acharyyas are devoted
to teaching from pre-primary to Class-X. The pre-primary level is called SHISHU BATIKA. The course curriculum
prescribed by the School and Mass Education Department is adopted in the school. In order to acquire extra
knowledge, courses curriculum designed by Shikshya Vikas Samiti are also offered here.
AIM AND OBJECTIVES
1. To arrange proper education of children for their moral, spiritual, cultural, physical, literary and social development and to build their character.
2. To develop amongst all children a sense of respectand dedication towards Bharatiya Culture, tradition and value of life.
3. To bring Sanskars by inclucation of social, moral and spiritual values.
4. To develop in a child good health, habits and build up basic skills.
5. To develop patriotism, social attitude and manners and to encourage aesthetic appreciation, feeling for artistic taste and creativity
1. A student’s mental development depends on his physical development. To achieve this we have yoga and saririk,
scout & guide, NCC, Sports and other co-curricular activites. The school starts with half an hour prayer class to develop concentration for study.
2. For the development of leadership quality among students we have Shishu Bharati (Lower classes) and Bal Bharati (Upper classes). We also have Acharya Bharati for teachers.
Competitions like Essay, Debate, Drawing, Science Exhibition, Geography Exhibition and Shishu Batika Exhibition are held every year.